The canteen operates Monday and Friday to provide lunches, as well as being open for counter sales at recess. The canteen is regularly inspected and reported on by the Health Department of the local council. To promote healthy eating choices, the canteen does not fry any food and where available uses school approved premium branded products.
The canteen process for lunch orders is as follows:
· Lunch orders are placed in the baskets provided in the school corridor, near the office doors. Lunch orders must be in by 9.00am on Canteen days.
· When ordering, please place money (the correct amount where possible) in a paper bag with your child’s name and grade on the front of the bag. Clearly mark orders required for recess and lunch as this makes the order process quicker. Should your child have a food allergy please note this in red ink on the front of the lunch bag so that the order can be handled appropriately. Please do not use staples or sticky tape on lunch bags.
· Please explain to your child that any change due will be placed in a small snap lock bag inside of the lunch bag so that they know not to throw their bag away with the change inside. Please also let them know if they are allowed to spend any change, or if they are expected to take it home.
· The canteen staff endeavour to fill all lunch orders, however on rare occasions this is not possible. The reasons vary, but may be due to an item being unavailable from a supplier, or a delivery being unavoidably delayed.
· In cases where a lunch order is handed in late, a substitution may be necessary due to time limitations. In cases where an order cannot be filled with the student’s original choice the student will be contacted and the canteen staff will offer other alternatives to the student, not exceeding the cost of their original order.
· Please let your child know that if they have any problem with their lunch order to return to the canteen with their lunch bag so that any issues can be immediately rectified.
· The canteen management has formulated the procedure for emergency lunch orders in consultation with the school principal. If a child does not have any lunch and has no money to purchase food, an emergency lunch order is authorised by the school office. A note is sent home with the student advising parents of the cost of the order and it is expected that any money due to the canteen be paid to the office by the next school day.
Your canteen managers are happy to be of assistance to you. Should you have any queries, please contact us.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.